Re: mount, install problem

2006/1/23, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Guillaume wrote:
> > Sorry for my late answer,
> > In fact, i run modprobe loop, i found this before on a forum, but it
> > does nothing, and no error message happen... I solve my installation
> > problem in another way.
> >
> > Today i run another the install process on a new hardware, and i
> > experience the same anoyning error...
> > I run 'modprobe -v loop' but i dont have any report for error... And
> > the same command i wrote for mount my iso fail:
> > mount -o loop -t iso9660 /my/iso/file /mount/point
> >   mount: could not find a spare loop device
> > Grr... What's wrong with me??!!!
>
> Is your loop module actually loaded?
>
> # lsmod | grep loop
#lsmod |grep loop
  loop 18121 2 - Live 0xc909c000
--> i think the module is loaded... And loop device support is ok

> Do you have any existing loop mounts?
>
> # mount | grep loop
#mount |grep loop
/tmp/loop0 on /mnt/runtime type cramfs (ro)
what that??? Is it the kernel used by the installer? I thought its a
bad idea to umount this...

> P.S. Please don't top-post on this mailing list.
Hu :) why top posting is forbiden?