Problems installing FC4 on SATA Drive

Hello All.  I am trying to install FC4 on my system.  I am
using a Silicon Image 3112 PCI adapter and have attached 2
hard drives to the adapter.

I have read many threads on the topic - unfortunately they
mostly refer to installing the driver on an already
installed system, not a fresh install.  The same is true of
the Silicon Image support site - it also refers to adding to
an installed system.

The problem occurs just after the installation from CD
starts.  It loads the USB driver (I have my USB attached)
and then tries to load the "sata_sil" driver, soon after a
message appears on the screen "Disabling IRQ#11" and the
system hangs right there.

I would prefer to have the driver copied on to a floopy so I
can install using "linux dd" and select the driver from the
floppy (this was successful with WinXP), but I can't find
one.

If you have suggestions and ideas I would very much
appreciate the help.

Thanks

--
Bill Gillespie