Re: yum problem - wxGTK(2)

Gerhard Magnus wrote:
Hello All,

	I've found most problems updating using yum resolve themselves within a
few days.  But this one has lingered for several weeks now.
	system-config-bind (4.0.0-38_FC4, the Red Hat BIND DNS Configuration
Tool) shows up on the yumex list of packages to be updated. But the
update bombs out with this message:
Missing Dependency: libwx_gtk2-2.4.so.0(WXGTK2_2.4) is needed by package
audacity
Missing Dependency: libwx_gtk2-2.4.so.0 is needed by package audacity
	The problem is I have audacity (1.2.3-5.lvn.1.4) listed as already
installed.
	What's going on here?  Any advice as to how to proceed is appreciated,
as always.

Jerry

I have had this issue with the libwx_gtk2 packages myself. I had to remove audacity and libwx_gtk2 to get past it.

I then installed then installed audacity from Dries which is version 1.3.

I just tried to install wxGTK2 and ended up with two dependencies for Audacity and Videolan client. Both of these are dependent on xwGTK.

This I feel is a problem more associated with the changes to GTK than yum.

As a test, I removed wxGTK which required removing audacity and videolan client.

I then installed xxGTK2 from extras. This brought in wxGTK-common as a dependency. I then installed audacity from extras. But when I tried to install videolan-client, I ended up with dependency issues between audacity, wxPythonGTK2, wxGTK2-gl and a few others. I don't have time to resolve these at this time but this proves to me that the issue is with the individual packages and not yum.

Time to file bug complaints to the package developers over the wxGTK2 issues.