Re: Blurry monitor on FC4

On 1/20/06, Mike Chambers <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 17:16 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I have often felt that it is difficult to read text on my FC4 machine,
> > but I thought that it may be a monitor issue (Proview 774). Today I
> > temporarily connected the monitor to an XP Home machine and the text
> > was perfectly clear. Is there anything that I can do to clean up the
> > text? Here is part of a screenshot:
> > http://dotancohen.com/text.png
>
> The above looked fine on my end.  Not sure what exactly your looking at.
> You might want to include what your seeing with yoru desktop or
> something and try a screenshot of that.
>
> Is your monitor selected as the correct one and video?
>
> Mike Chambers
> Madisonville, KY
>
> "It's only funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!"

I think that I selected it during the install. In Control Center ->
Periferia -> Display (translated) I can set the screen resolution and
refresh rate ( 1024*768 , 85 mHz). But I see no mention of the model.

I provided the screen shot to see if my fonts are bad- I know that
there are anti-aliased and aliased fonts. Of course, what you see when
you look at the screen shot is what you would see if you connected
your monitor to my machine- not what I see on my monitor. I just
wanted to eliminte the possibility that I may have misconfigured the
fonts or something.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/question/how_much_memory_will_i_need_for_my_digital_camera.html