RE: X

> Hi mate, I have the VNC client, that's working fine.
>
> I made the changes to xorg.conf, but nothing seems to have
> happened. The
> thing is, I'm running over SSH, is there a service I can
> restart in order to
> get VNC listening?

Once you restarted the X server, run the nmap command on yourself
or run "netstat -a | grep 5900" and make sure that something
(the vnc server) is listening on port 5900.  If not, something went
wrong with the update.  If so and it does not work, you may have
issues with the network getting to that port.

True, smb is a good way to get to the file systems to listen to
music, but you have to do a bit of setup to /etc/samba/smb.conf and
then start the smb service with system-config-services.

bob Styma