Re: Motorola E398 + gprs dial up.

Thanks for the input . I will lookinto your sugestions. Have a grate day .

On 1/19/06, James Wilkinson <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
Gregory Machin wrote:
> I have a Motorola E398 and would like to use it to dialup to the internet, I
> would also like to be able to send sms from my pc and manage / back up my
> phone book and messages. I have tried gnokii, but seems like will take a lot
> of work to get it to work .. Any better suggestions other than buying a
> nokia ?

I have a Motorola V220, which is rather different. But I'll share my
experiences.

For accessing the on-board ring-tones / pictures / photos / etc.,
moto4lin is (a) buggy (b) didn't work in 64 bit mode last I tried (c) in
x86 mode, works pretty well. It claims to support your phone:
http://moto4lin.sourceforge.net/wiki/Category:Models

For actually backing up messages and sending texts, kmobiletools seems
to work well.

I haven't tried using my mobile phone to connect to the Internet. My
impression is that it should work rather like a normal USB modem.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Beneath this stone lies Murphy,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | They buried him today,

--
Gregory Machin
greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx