Re: Yum and Yum log

Tomas Larsson wrote:
> It seems that yum is updating the system, but there are no entries in
> yum.log from time to time.
> This morning tripwire reports changes in my system, at the same time as yum
> is run.
> Prelink.log and rpmpkgs.log was changed at the same time, but there is
> absolutly no entries in yum.log of this.
>
> Is there some sort of delay in writing the log or is there some
> configuration that needs to be done, or is it simply some sort of bug
> somewhere.

Hi Tomas -

Both these things are done off daily cronjobs and don't have anything to
do with yum.  Have a look at what is in

/etc/cron.daily/

and you will see all kinds of things happening "behind your back".
Tripwire is a bit noisy for such events, perhaps you can configure it to
not report those particular files.  But your paranoia level seems to be
set just right in terms of wanting to know what changed and why!

-Andy