Re: how to enable transparency

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
Hi,
I use Fdeora Core 4, on a ATI XPress200M graphic chipset (ATI drivers),
installed as the tutorial of fedorafaq.org told.
I use GNOME, my ystem is up to date, with "testing" repositories.
I would like to enable transparency.
Would you know any tutorial/howto that could help me to do it the Fedora
way?
Thank you.

Open a terminal.  Then, from the terminal menu, select:

Terminal->Edit->Profiles->Default->Edit->Effects

You can set the "Transparent background" radio button there. This will, of course, change the default terminal window profile. As an alternative, you can create a new profile and tweak it how you like, then save that profile. That'll leave the default profile as the Gnomes intended it to be.

Jay