VDQ : Firefox, Fedora -- and yum?

I run FC4 on four (sometimes five), and have just had to re-install it on
one I had managed to foul up (another story); so I *think* this is right :

FC4 not only installs Ffx by default, but makes it the default browser;
but to update Ffx you have to go through nine yards of tarballs, and
things to fierce to mention to MS users, most of whom haven't heard of
tarballs and would either fall asleep or climb the walls in panic if you
tried to tell them.

Yet apparently Firefox appeals to MS users.

"yum update firefox" certainly doesn't work, at least not with the default
configurations on a new install. Nor on any install of mine.

Need these things be?

Is there a way I've missed to make "yum update firefox" work? Is there
hope it will in FC5 -- or even FC6?

Or is the trouble something in Firefox itself?

As for me, I use Ffx as little as I conveniently can, just because I can
keep Opera -- which has as many bills & whistles, some of them better --
up to snuff so much more readily. It tells me when a new release is
available, asks if I want it, and if I tell it yes the worst that can
happen is that I have to run an rpm command. And Opera is also
cross-platform ....

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck Linux Enthusiast
A wanderstaff like an Elvish rope should be long,