RE: How to reinstall windows xp

Paul F. Johnson wrote:

> XP and stable are another pair I rarely see
>
> XP and reliable - not usually

What exactly does "stable" mean?
In my experience _all_ operating systems nowadays
are completely stable,
in the sense that they never crash.

I don't recall Fedora or Windows XP crashing at all in my case
for at least a year.
(Individual programs die on both systems -
eg KNode quite often bombs out - maybe once a week -
but it does this very nicely, and doesn't cause any problems.)

The main problem I have with Windows XP is viruses.

I don't really have any major problems with Fedora,
except that my grand-daughter cannot run Sims-2 under it.

I think the advice often given by Linux fanatics to dump Windows
is very foolish.
A dual boot system is sometimes a life-saver,
eg in determining if a problem is in software or hardware.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366