Re: Usage of TWM in FC4

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 11:12 +0100, Joachim Backes wrote:
> wanting to use TWM as wm (as test). But: TWM is installed, but it is
> not presented in the gdm greeter. switchdesk twm is possible, bat has
> no effect.

I tried this a while ago, I think I managed to pick most of the window
managers that I'd installed by allowing the login greeter to be
configured at the login prompt.

Open the login screen configuration thingy, and in the "security" tab
tick the "show actions menu" and "allow configuration from the login
screen" options.  Now you can choose Gnome, KDE, etc., before logging
in, and optionally set them as the default for the next log in.

I think that'll let you pick most things that are available, though
there are some window managers that seem to need starting some other way
(e.g. you start with a text log in, then start them up).

I read messages from the public lists.