Re: K3b sees 4.7GB DVD+R as 4.4 GB

Jeff,

Of course you are right and I admire your persistence in trying to educate people who, unfortunately, have not been around long enough nor understand that computing has its purposeful variation of the standard language. Should we ask, for example, the legal profession to always express itself in terms understood by everyone? (Have you tried to understand the tax code?)

Almost every profession has its own lingo to better express the meaning to the insightful and having absolutely no regard for ANSI, ISO standards nor common man. That, then, the terms are hi-jacked by 'marketing people' or attacked by purists, for that matter, is just sad and more a comment on them than the professional people.

As you so rightly say, 'If everyone was consistent with everyone else this would be a perfect world. :) Since that is an ideal, we live in reality.'

A suitable forum for this discussion is some group on language, idioms, etc. not the FC list.

Mats