Re: pilot link update?

Jeff Vian <jvian10 <at> charter.net> writes:

> On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 03:43 +0000, jack wallen wrote:
> > does anyone know when or if the FC developers are planning on releasing a
> > pilot-link update to fix the plethora of problems plaguing syncing with FC4?
> >
> I am not sure the problems are entirely in pilot-link.  Updates will
> also need to come from the maintainer for pilot-link, not from FC.
>
> On my machine I have:
>    [jeff <at> eagle startpoint]$ rpm -qa pilot*
>    pilot-link-0.12.0-0.pre4.0.fc4.2
>    pilot-link-devel-0.12.0-0.pre4.0.fc4.2
> and I use jpilot with no problems.
>
> Some have the problems with kpilot or gpilot so it may be the app and
> not the foundation (pilot-link).
> Note: I have not tested every possible combination so all I can say is
> "it works for me".

The problem is partially with the app in that the apps have not been changed to
work with the modified API of pilot-link.  FC4 upgraded to a development release
of pilot-link which changed the API and had bugs.  The bugs in pilot-link have
mostly been fixed in later updates.  The pilot-link commands are working for me.
 I do not know if kpilot and gnome-pilot have been updated to work with the new API.

 - Ian