Re: Parse Email to MySQL???

David Cary Hart wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:54:33 +0000
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> opined:

David Cary Hart wrote:

I have a very large archive of email that I would like to parse to MySQL.
Before I spend hours with PHP, Is anyone aware of an app that might help me do
this?

I tried mbox2mysql-0.3 (which looks ideal) but it fails to compile on FC4
("/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient") Possibly, someone can suggest how I
might fix this.

Do you have the mysql-devel package installed?

$ rpm -q mysql-devel

Indeed, as well as mysqlclient10-devel

Try setting the LDFLAGS environment variable to "-L/usr/lib/mysql" before running the build and see if that helps. Otherwise, if there's an option in the configure script/makefile/whatever to specify where to look for libraries, try getting it to look in /usr/lib/mysql.

Paul.