Re: Need help with a serial port

Steven W. Orr wrote:

> Ok. Now we're talking. I do have parport_serial and parport loaded.
> Knowing to look at ttyS[45] helped.
>
> 523 > setserial -a /dev/ttyS4
> /dev/ttyS4, Line 4, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x8000, IRQ: 11
>         Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
>         closing_wait: 3000
>         Flags: spd_normal skip_test
>
> *524 > setserial -a /dev/ttyS5
> /dev/ttyS5, Line 5, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x8400, IRQ: 11
>         Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
>         closing_wait: 3000
>         Flags: spd_normal skip_test
>
> 525 >
>
> I'm almost there. Now if I run
>
> pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyS4 -b .
>
> or also on ttyS5
>
> instead of saying    Unable to bind to port:
>
> I now get the correct message:
>    Listening for incoming connection on /dev/ttyS5...
>
> But if I then hit the button on the Palm, they both just hang there. Any
> idea what I can do next? Is it still possible that this is not a supported
> card?
>
> TIA

One more thing to check - if your card is like mine, the serial
ports connect to the PCI card using ribbon cable. Make sure they
are plugged in correctly. I don't remember if they are keyed to
prevent you from plugging them in backwards, but it is also possible
to only catch one row of pins. This is especially true if you plug
in the cables after you install the card!

Mikkel