Re: Accessing Thunderbird email in terminal

Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:
My solution is a bit of an overkill, but works fine. I have configured an imap server (using dovecot). Then I made symlinks on ~/mail to point to the files used by thunderbird in windows. Then all I have to do is use an imap compatible client to read those e-mails... And with this approach, you can install squirrelmail (a webmail program that I believe comes with FC4). The only downside of this approach is that when I go back to windows, Thunderbird has to recreate the indexes for all those folders, but at least that is a fast operation.

Well, presumably you could point thunderbird to the imap server rather than ~/mail, then there'd be no need for the symlinks, nor the index recreation.