Kino not able to play / open avi video clip

Dear list,

I wanted to edit a video clip from my camera in avi format.It is played well by totem/xine/kplayer/kaffeine. But I cannot load it in kino which 'failed to load it'. My version of kino is 0.7.6 from livna.

I find there is no update available at livna site.But,freshrpms has got 0.8 version.When I downloaded and tried to install it has an unmet dependency in libavutils.so which according rpmfind.net is provided by ffmpeg 0.4.9 from freshrpms.The version of ffmpeg from livna that I have doesn't provide this file,instead it provides libavcodec.

Now,I wonder if that's the reason why kino is not able to load avi file,it searches for libavutils.but what's provided is libavcodec.I cannot confirm it.

Thanks,

Parameshwara Bhat