From: Oliver Leitner < shadow333@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 12:13:51PM +0100
To For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Creating hardlinks for directories.

> On 1/15/06, Vikram Goyal < vikigoyal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wanted to create hardlinks for directories on the same file system.
> > I know it's not allowed. But the man page for ln says one may. Now I
> > want to know how may one switch it on.
> >
> > Also what could be the pitfalls.
> >
> mount --bind /source /target
>
> works well for me)

Thanks! but it mounts a section of the dir hierarchy on another dir and
will get dismounted on shutdown. Also only root may do it.

I wanted to make permanent links which may or may not be subjected to
frequent deletions etc. and which I as a normal user could execute i.e.
from some scripts.

Regards!
--
vikram...
--
Overload -- core meltdown sequence initiated.
~|~