Re: Web server and Multiple Virtualhost

# Change this to Listen on specific IP addresses as shown below to
# prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses (0.0.0.0)
#
#Listen 12.34.56.78:80

Listen 192.168.0.17:80
Listen 203.157.122.28:80

Listen 80

If I use the config Listen to specific IP both intranet and internet , this will result in an error like this :-

[root@web ~]# service httpd restart
Stopping httpd: [  PASS  ]
Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 203.157.122.28:80
Unable to open logs
[FAILED]
[root@web ~]#

What's wrong with my server ?
Amrit
Thailand

2006/1/14, John Summerfied <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Amrit Angsusingh wrote:
> I use FC3 as the web server with 2 lan cards [intranet and internet ]
> instead of the former  RH9 . I also use multiple virtualhost named for my
> domain with the httpd.conf following below:-
>

> NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/itcenter
> ServerName itcenter.sss.go.th
> <Directory "/var/www/html/itcenter">
> allow from all
> Options +Indexes
> </Directory>
> IndexOptions
> DirectoryIndex index.php
> </VirtualHost>
>

> <VirtualHost *:80>
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/www
> ServerName www.sss.go.th
> <Directory "/var/www/html/www">
> allow from all
> Options +Indexes
> </Directory>
> IndexOptions
> DirectoryIndex index.php
> </VirtualHost>
>

> and so so …………
>

> It seems that the client could access the web just only from the first lan
> card and not the second one.
>
> If I change the config to
>
> NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.1:80
> NameVirtualHost 203.157.2.28:80
> and also
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.0.1:80>
>
> ….
>
> And
>
> <VirtualHost 203.157.2.28:80>
>
> ….
>
> The result still be the same that is we could access the web only from the
> former lan card not the latter lan card.
>

> How could I config the httpd.conf to access virtualhost from both lan cards?

Are those actually the IP addresses on the NICs?

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait