Re: maximized windows are now size-locked

Fulko Hew wrote:

Problem #2

I'm an old Unix guy and I liked the window embelishments that
I had with Motif... simple, old, but effective.  So I've configured
KDE's window manager to use the 'CDE' window decoration style.

The maximize button on the title bar has changed its behaviour
from the way it used to work in FC3.

When you push the maximize button, yes it maximizes the window,
but now you can no longer grab a window's border to resize it
differently.  You used to be able to do that.  Now you can only
resize the window again if you re-push the maximize button, to
restore it to its original size.

So the maximize button has now changed from:
- 'resize the window to the largest possible size'
- 'resize the window to the largest possible size... and
   never let anybody resize it _ever_ again!'

Why can't I resize it anymore.

I'm using KDE with Keramik and have no problems resizing with the window borders after maximizing. I switched to CDE and still can resize as I wish.

If you look in Control Center > Desktop > Window Behavior > Moving there is an item to allow moving and resizing of maximized windows.

Greg