sound across xwindow terminals

Hello all,

I'm fairly new, untill now I've been able to avoid asking for help in the mailing list. But currently I have two xwindow terminals set up, F7 and F9 (o and 2 I think) so that we can have easy "user switching". It works fine except whenever you start the second xwindow server it says "No volume control elements or devices found" and audio does not work. I can run the redhat soundcard detector, that runs fine. If I put in an audio CD, it plays under the first xwindow server. Videos and the like simply have no sound if played in the second xwindow server. Im not sure where to even start figuring out what is wrong.

Thank you,
-Jeff