Re: FC4, browsers, and dependency hell

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 19:11:42 +0000, James Wilkinson wrote:
[....]
> (or just http://live.gnome.org/Epiphany_2fDownloads and look at "Build
> from source code").

	Building at all would be way beyond me.
[snip : lots of good and helpful stuff, for which thanks!]
> Yes, upgrading to 1.8.3 would imply upgrading your system to GNOME 2.10,
> and that would count as "dependency hell" in most people's books...

So I thought; thanks for the confirmation.

> So Fedora Core 4 is still on GNOME 2.10, with Epiphany 1.6.x. Fedora Core
> 5 is due at about the same time as GNOME 2.14, and will almost certainly
> include it.

OK; I can wait. thanks again!
[....]
> I think you would be interested in these links:
> http://lwn.net/Articles/156752/
> http://gnomedesktop.org/node/2450
>
> Hope this helps,

Yes, very much, including the things I've snipped ; I had picked up some
of the content of those last two sites on gmane, but they brought a lot
into focus. I'll be eager to run FC5, once it's stable. Thanks again!

--
Beartooth Stickster, Neo-Redneck Linux Enthusiast
A wanderstaff like an Elvish rope should be long,