Re: Problem with local network

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 20:58 +0000, Chris Jones wrote:
> DNS is provided by a caching-only nameserver on bilbo and the only
> names I can see in the named.conf file are for localhost and
> localdomain.

Go into /var/named/chroot/etc and see if there's an named.conf.rpmsave
file with your previous configurations.  Likewise, have a look
in /var/named/chroot/var/named, for your old DNS record files.  If so,
you can rename things, or transfer older data into the newer data.
Don't forget to increment the serial counters, then restart the name
server.

A recent update to the caching-only nameserver updated things by setting
you up with their fresh configuration, replacing whatever you had.  You
might want to avoid updating that in the future if you're not *ONLY*
using a caching nameserver (i.e. you're custom configuring it for local
nameserving, too).

I read messages from the public lists.