Re: Noisy audio CD with cdrecord

On 1/12/06, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The file format for Audio CD files is .au not wav
> >
> I don't think so!  The actual file on the CD is a .cda file, but the
> native version is a .wav.
>
> .au files are not the native version of CD audio AFAIK.  The .au format
> is not also not native to windows, but is native to *nix.

More likely I am confusing my old Apple cd ripper.  But I will
research it more  =)  I wouldhave almost sworn that the ripper showed
all the files as .AU -- maybe I am confusing this from my old Solaris
days?

I need to upgrade my brain's memory chips...
--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting