Re: Fedora on thinkpad t43

Chris.Grigor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Howdi all

Anyone on the list had any experience with loading up Fedora onto a thinkpad t43 without loosing the current data or pre loaded area on the disk (pre loaded area is the install files on a separate partition with an Access IBM button to access it on boot)

Just your thoughts……

No experience per se, but I have loaded Linux on a Compaq years ago with the same sort of deal.

Just tell Anaconda to leave the install partition alone. In my case grub made an entry for it in the start menu automatically.

There's no black voodoo with those partitions, they're just bootable partitions like any other.

Regards,
Ed.
begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749