Re: AMD FX-55 and SLOOOWWW thunderbird.

solved the problem.  I'll try 64 bit next!  Thanks for the input...

I tried to upgrade to thunderbird 1.5, and got
"error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I read on google to try installing compat-libstdc++- and when I installed that (and it's dependencies) thunderbird 1.5 runs, and mail downloads like lightning!

thanks,