Re: Evolution in Fedora Core 4

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 02:30:52PM -0500, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> Generates a D-BUS messages when new mail arrives
[...]
> This is all well and good, but what is it supposed to do?

Exactly what it says it does, although that's not incredibly helpful
to the average person. ;-) It causes Evolution to notify D-BUS every
time there's a new message, which will then dispatch that notification
to anything that cares.

Unfortunately, except for a few scripts I've seen lurking around,
nothing in the distribution cares. Ideally, someone would write a
notification area applet that does something interesting when a
new message arrives, but right now there really isn't anything.

Actually, now that I think about it, I believe it might cause an
audible alert (or window bar flash). Memory fails me right now,
though.

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm@xxxxxxxxx>
http://esm.logic.net/

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.