Re: FC4, laptop, synaptics and ps/2 mouse

oleksandr korneta wrote:

on 01/12/2006 08:35 AM Thomas Fischer wrote:
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone can help with a little problem that I have using FC4 on a Dell Latitude c610 with the synaptics touchpad as well as a standard PS/2 mouse.

I am unable to plug-in a PS/2 mouse without the system loosing the mouse and keyboard.

I got synaptic touchpad and usb mouse. When I boot without mouse plugged in, everything works like a charm. I can turn off the touchpad and back on. I can plug the mouse and get it working. However if I boot the system with the mouse plugged the synaptics driver does not get loaded, and touchpad is recognized as generic wheel mouse. Obviously I'm screwed here because none of my settings for touchpad is working, and you cannot turn it off with the button, the mouse is working fine though.

and here is part of  my xorg

I don't know if this will help, but I had a similar problem on my Compaq R4000. Turns out (and I found this out with Gentoo and not FC4) I had to make the ps2mouse a kernel module and load it last after initializing the USB devices instead of having it in the kernel to make mine work.

--
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415