RE: Up2date discrepency problem

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 16:01 -0500, Michael D. Berger wrote:

> I am writing this between clicks on "Yes" to proceeed in the absence
> of a GPG signature, which seems to be the case for most of the
> packages.  Can this be disabled?

Usually, it's a case of you not having the public GPG keys installed,
the packages are nearly always signed, and you're reading a less than
brilliantly worded warning message.

I think the release notes tell you how to import the keys, and I'm sure
there's a FAQ about it on the Fedora website.  I did it so long ago I
can't remember what I did, though I seem to recall that YUM handled it
for me (being prompted to download them the first time I used it).

It's not a good idea to throw away one of your protections (checking
package signatures).

I read messages from the public lists.