Re: FC4 usb devices not auto-mounted (udev and fstab-sync log output missing)

Lenny G Arbage wrote:
Robin Laing wrote:

The difference is that the non-working box was
upgraded from FC2, while the working box was

upgraded

from FC3.  I'm pulling my hair out trying to

discover

what I'm missing on the non-working box.

Any ideas for what I might be missing?  I had to
manually add a 'haldaemon' user to get
/etc/init.d/messagebus to not complain.

It may not be missing anything but a version that

isn't being

updated.
This has been reported in the past by people that

have done

upgrades.  A version difference may be causing your

problems.

  Here are the packages that I think might be
relevant, and their respective versions:

udev-058-1
gnome-volume-manager-1.3.1-1
hal-0.5.2-2
selinux-policy-targeted-1.27.1-2.16
policycoreutils-1.27.2-1.2
dbus-0.33-3.fc4.1
filesystem-2.3.4-1

  They are all identical on both systems.  I've even
done 'rpm -qV' on specific packages to try to find
differences (.rpmnew, etc), but can't see any.  Are
there any other packages you can think of that might
be involved in the problem?

  Thanks,
  Lenny

You have now gone past my ability to help.  Sorry.