RE: FC4 - Eclipse problem

Hi Dan,

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 17:14 -0800, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> >BTW: There is a new update release and I am upgrading as we speak
> >so-- we'll see how much better Eclipse on FC is.  I am still waiting
> >on problems with the J2EE issues I have reported and hopefully these
> >will be fixed but I am not holding my breath.  I am still using Eclipse
> >on Windows until my issues are being fixed.
> >

> Ahhh... poop.  Looks like J2EE was deliberately removed from the latest
> port to 3.1.1 - I guess it is not supported.  The Eclipse IDE does come
> up on FC4 and the basic stuff is there tho, i.e. CDT (C/C++) Java, SCM
> Repository and Team. I guess I will stick to Eclipse on windows for now.

I think you are confused.  What people refer to as Eclipse is made up of
a set of plugins (or "bundles" if you prefer).  What is known as the
Eclipse SDK is what we ship, split up into logical plugin and feature
sets.  We also package the CDT, PyDev, and a few other plugins
(changelog and bugzilla).

We have never shipped any J2EE tools (on Fedora).  Judging from your
previous mails, you are attempting to use the Web Tools Project (WTP).
Since this is not yet packaged for Fedora, the best way to install it is
using Eclipse's built-in update manager.  I think this is what you have
done.

I personally don't have time to test the many plugins out there and I
would appreciate your feedback about WTP and others.  Please let us know
if there are issues that you find and report them at
http://bugzilla.redhat.com.

Thanks,

Andrew