Re: Openoffice 2.0.1 won't start?

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 07:35:00PM -0800, Knute Johnson wrote:
> I just updated my Open Office with yum and now it won't start.  It
> shows the splash screen and half of the progress bar but that's it.
> If I try to shutdown it hangs.  I did manage to restart by pressing
> CTRL ALT F2, relogging in and running /sbin/shutdown.  There was also
> a kernel upgrade that I installed but I tried it with the older
> kernel and it didn't work with the old one either.  I ran top and it
> was using 98.7+- percent of the processor.  Anybody else seen this?

I have seen something similar (but killing Open office from a terminal
or virtual console worked there just fine). It turned out the problem
was caused by a .mailcap and/or .mime.types created in the user's home
directory by openoffice.org 1.x (one that was referring to
/home/user/.rhopenoffice1.1). After moving/removing those two files,
OpenOffice.org 2.x runs fine here.

David Jansen