X restarts when switching Virtual Consoles

Hi All

I have FC4 installed on my box, but i have a unusual query
is that

when I am logged in X Window System and working on it and then when I switch to
text console (CTRL-ALT-F1) and then when i switch back to
(CTRL-ALT-F7) I see that I am presented with a Login display :-(
All my information is lost.

Please let me know as what can be done to overcome this issue.

Regards

Kaushal