CUPS problem

HI:

Newly setup FC4 on a home LAN. Attempting to set up printer, start
the printer setup tool, it shows the print queues already existing
on the "other" linux box that it found by searching the net. Trouble
is, I can't print to any of them. It'll let me select one and "send"
a test page to it but nothing ever happens.

So I try to configure manually one of them, go thru the settings
to make it an IPP printer and print to it and nothing happens.

I finally got the printer on my wife's XP box to print by manually
setting it up as a SMB printer.

but I'm puzzled, it shouldn't be hard, anybody got a clue for me?

Fred
--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked