Re: Hardware configuring.

Hi,

> I am in the process of moving from Mandriva 2006 to FC4. I am having
> problems configuring my TV card. Both Mandriva and FC4 failed to auto
> detect it. In Mandriva I went into Mandriva Control Centre, Hardware, TV
> card I could then enter the card and tuner type there.

Which card is it and more over, any idea which chip set it uses?

> However I cannot seem to find an equivalent of MCC in FC4. Is this
> because I chose KDE and did not install Gnome?

No.

> Or is command line time?

Without knowing a bit more, it's hard to say, but kudzu should really
have picked it up if it's something that it knows. Just to make sure do
the following

open a terminal window
/sbin/lspci

(mine shows up as
02:07.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture (rev 11)
02:07.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture
(rev 11)

(lspci should show you everything connected, even if the system hasn't
loaded the modules)

/sbin/lsmod

(mine shows [amongst others]
Module name    used by
bttv           bt878
video_buf      bttv
i2c_algo_bit   bttv
v4l2_common    bttv
btcx_risc      bttv
tveeprom       bttv
videodev       bttv
i2c_core       tuner,tad9887,msp3400,bttv,i2c_algo_bit,tveeprom

The important module there is v4l2_common - the video4linux module

The MCC module? By the looks of it, you need to download the sdk from
http://www.mccengineering.com/linuxsdks.htm - compile and install then
add a line to modprobe.conf to autoload the module on reboot. But
without actually knowing the make of the TV card...

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who