Re: Looking for the best way of sending a 50MB file

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Am So, den 08.01.2006 schrieb Paul Smith um 21:19:
>
> > On 1/8/06, Tomas Larsson <tomaslarssonse@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > There is an free service called yousendit, www.yousendit.com which you can
> > > use to send large files, it is actually very good, AFAIK there is no upper
> > > limit, the receiver gets an email with dl info, the link is valid a day or
> > > two.

> Be aware that mail (SMTP) is not the media to transport such big data.
> And for good reasons the majority of mail servers have limits on the
> accepted mail size - typically in the range of 5 to 15 MB.
> I personally find "yousendit.com" an awful idea.

Read more closely:
"the receiver gets an email with dl info,
the *link* is valid a day or two."  emphasis added

This jibes with the documentation at www.yousendit.com:
"YouSendIt will automatically email your recipient
a link to your file stored on our server."

--
Mike   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
May you live in interesting times.  --  Drasnian blessing