problem with acroread7 on x86_4 based computer

Jonathan,

on 01/07/2006 09:14 PM Jonathan Berry wrote:

Use yum to install it, do not just install an RPM.  It will not put
the entire xorg i386 on your computer.  It will resolve the
dependencies and get the 32-bit libs you need out of the x86_64
repositories.
32-bit libraries can be installed along side the 64-bit libraries. There is an option when installing to install 32-bit libraries as
well.  I have always used that, so I do not know the exact way to do
it post install (ie, which packages you need).  Try this and see if it
works:

yum install xorg-x11-libs.i386
it did, sort of... Actually it asked for gtk2-i386 and the whole train of dependencies. Anyway seems like yum managed to find them all. Now it is working. Thank you.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./