Re: touchpad tap performs a middle button click

on 12/30/2005 02:14 AM kevin.kempter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
when I tap my touchpad in my new FC4 installation on an IBM Z60m thinkpad it performs a middle mouse button click. How can I change this to do a left button click?

I had similar issue. It is easy to fix. Look at my section for synaptics in xorg.conf

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Synaptics"
        Driver      "synaptics"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto-dev"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
        Option      "SHMConfig" "on"
        Option      "EmulateMidButtonTime" "0"
        Option      "VertScrollDelta" "60"
        Option      "TapButton2" "1"
EndSection

the last string

Option      "TapButton2" "1"

is the key.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./