Re: Good TV/VHS card for Fedora Core?

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 19:00, John Pierce wrote:
> > Take the PVR 150, it's cheaper and of better quality (comb
> > filter). You can find the driver at http://ATrpms.net/name/ivtv/ or
> > use apt/yum/smart with e.g.
> >
> > yum install ivtv-kmdl-`uname -r` ivtv
>
> I agree that the PVR150 is better, I would suggest using the PVR500
> which is basically two PVR150 tuners located on one card and the ivtv
> drivers see it this way.  Great for picture in picture, or watching
> live tv and recording at the same time.

I tried a PVR500 last summer.  At the time I had a problem getting both
tuners to work.  It may have been an issue with the version of ivtv at
that time.  Have not tried it recently (running two PVR250's and two
PVR350's at the moment).

There were a few of us having similar problems at that time.  But many
people were able to get the PVR500 working back then.  Will have to
revisit that at some point.