logwatch+yum+tripwire+snort

Hello all,  I hope your new year is going well.  I have a log problem.

Every time Yum updates, tripwire has a fit and I have to look through a
rather long list of flies that has been changed.  Has anyone devised a way
to create a list of files that has been changed from Yum's log.  Then
remove lines in the tripwire report that correspond to the changes?

I realize this is not ideal with regards to security but since we are
accepting these Yum updates already...

On a similar but different note, does anyone know if logwatch will work
with snort log files?

Thank you in advance.

believed to be clean.