Re: Accessing a SCSI tape via cardbus

lsmod shows scsi_mod, aha152x_cs, st all there but aha152 isn't being used by anything. I appear to be missing something critical here. I know the card works, I hate to say it, under Windoze it works fine with my SUN SCSI tape drive.

Hmmm, I'm not even seeing log messages when I plug this card in. I see messages from other cards I plug in so I guess Fedora just doesn't recognize this card at all...

Doug P

Paul Howarth wrote:
Douglas Phillipson wrote:

Thanks, ok I did that. Do I need the aha module loaded? How do the /dev/st? devices get created? They are not present in /dev.

They should get created by the st module if it detects a SCSI tape. Of course, the st module won't detect any tapes if the appropriate module for the SCSI card itself isn't loaded; if that's the aha module then yes, that module will need loading.

Paul.