Re: Mail Solution Information

Thanks buddy
Can u suggest Sites Links so i can refer that.

jdow <jdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi to all
>
> We are Planning to Install Mail Server in our Office
> I want to know Which Mail Server is Bettter
>
> 1.Lotus Notes
> 2.Sendmail
> 3. Qmail
> 4. MS-Exchange
> 5. Group Wise Mail Server Solution
>
> Can I get Comparison Documentation on all above
> or related website link, it will be a great help
>
> Thanks In Advance
>
> Mohd Khalid

QMail has some "unique" opinions of how headers should be formatted
and filled out. It is a problem for spamassassin users. I'd stay far
away from it. Sendmail is the canonical ol! d tool for the 'ix world.
Some people prefer PostFix or EXIM for security reasons real and
imagined. MS-Exchange is not good in a spamassassin environment
either. I've not heard good nor evil about Lotus Notes or Group Wise.
Off hand I'd avoid putting the mail server on a windows machine if
you are going to be spam filtering. Considering the recent wmf design
flaw exploit(s) with even a Google Toolbar scan of the files being
sufficient to install the exploit doing mail scanning on a Windows
machine is deadly.

{^_^} Just relaying info from long term membership on the spamassassin
user's list. You could search that list's archives for qmail
problems, for example.