Re: YUM problem on new FC4 installation

On 1/4/06, fredex <fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 06:23:00AM -0500, fredex wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 10:57:28AM +0100, Alessandro Brezzi wrote:
> > > Hi

[snip]
> > However, I installed using the "personal workstation" option then I
> > weeded through the package list, reducing it still further, because
> > I had only a 4 gig partition, and needed only a few apps (mainly k3b
> > and gnucash). Still, yum spews a loooooong list of headers it wants
> > before it hangs.

Please answer these basic questions:

1. Describe the hardware on which FC4 is installed?

2. How much physical memory is installed?

3. Does the graphics adapter share any of that memory?

4. What the disk allocatiion for FC4?

5. Do you have a swap partition? If yes, how big is it?

6. Do you have any other precesses besides yum running?

7. Is power save enabled?