Re: terminal does not working

On 12/30/05, Császár Péter <csjpeter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:05:40 +0100, Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > On 12/30/05, Császár Péter <csjpeter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi !
> >>
> >> Sorry for bad the mail before.
> >>
> >> Have any body any idea about why I can't use my text mode terminal
> >> after X
> >> started in FC4?
> >> I already have fully updated it. Could it be a problem, that the updates
> >> made by apt from
> >> ayo.freshrpms.net?
> >
> > What happens when you try to start a terminal?
> >

> Probably I have to correct myself. I am no sure about the
> suitable name about graphical mode terminal, and text mode (perhaps)
> consol.
>
> So my problem is I press the Ctrl+Alt+Fx and there is some messed
> point still in graphic mode.

It's very hard to understand what you mean. I think what you mean is
that there's some problem with your Gnome or KDE session on
Ctrl-Alt-F7. If you're still working on this, tell us

1) Are you using Gnome or KDE?
2) What exactly is the problem? Does the graphical session not work at
all? If it works partly, at what point does it fail?
3) Do you get any specific error messages?

If you know someone whose English is very good and can help you
translate, working with that person may help you participate on this
email list.