FC4 booting problem?

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone could help me with an issue.  Here's some detail.

2 hard drives:
- The first is dedicated to Windows XP.
- The second is partitioned so that Fedora Core 4 is at the front and extra space is given for Windows at the back.

While I installed FC4, I made sure to set FC4 as the default boot.  So I expected it to boot after the system was rebooted.  But, Windows automatically boots.  Do you have any ideas what the problem could be?  Why would Windows automatically boot?  And how do I access the GRUB GUI to choose between FC4 and Windows?

I would really appreciate some help.

Thank you,
Jared