Re: Access Old Home Directory - USB enclosure - LVM

Phil Savoie wrote:

On January 2, 2006 21:54, Robert L Cochran wrote:
LI

I have some memory that this is the word LINUX and how many letters of
the word are spelled out on the screen indicate something about the
nature of the boot problem.

Hi Robert,

For the lilo prompt descriptions, I happen to have something on that:

Prompt 	Description
L<nn>	represents one of 16 disk-error codes.
LI		The second-stage boot loader loaded, but could not run.
LIL? 		The descriptor table could not be read.
LIL    	The second-stage boot loader loaded at an incorrect address.
LIL- 		LILO found a corrupt descriptor table.
LILO 		LILO ran successfully.

Hope this helps,

Phil

Thanks a lot. I'm quite puzzled because I haven't used LILO in years. I use Grub and have done so since it was first released -- in Redhat 8 or 9, I think.

Bob