Status of nForce430 chipset support? Similar chipsets?

Hello,

after I posted the message "Best/energy efficient CPU/Chipset/Motherboard for 6e4bit Fedora"

(https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2006-January/msg00164.html)

I spoke with a friend which only runs Windows, but spends lots of times
testing PC hardware and reading reviews, benchmarks and so on.

He told me if he had to build a box with the specs I have he'd use
an nVidia nForce4 motherboard: starting from there, I found these two
boards:

ASUS A8N-VM CSM (www.dealtime.com/xPF-AMD_Motherboard_nForce430_Athlon_64FX_X2_Max_4GB_DDR_PCIEX16_PCIEX_2PCI_GBE_1394_SATA_RAID_Audio)

and GYGABYTE GA-K8N51PVMT-9

However, I also found some Asus horror stories when used with Linux:

http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/lofiversion/index.php/t25122.html
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=388624

since the Gygabyte one has the same chipset I assume it would have
very similar or identical problems. My questions are:

* has anybody managed to use one of those cards with Fedora?
* will there be anything in FC5 to improve the situation?
* if that chipset isn't usable under Linux, what are the chipsets and
  microatx motherboards more similar to the two above, but perfectly
  supported under Linux?

Thanks again,

Webber