Re: Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already ...

jdow wrote:
Joao, it's best to see if you can answer the question yourself, first.
Several hints have been published in this thread for such lookups. I
suspect a quick google on the list URI for your question is the best
first step if you have not been reading the list regularly for several
months. The deadliest thing you can do is ask about a question that was
discussed to death in great gory detail just the preceeding week. {^_-}

Nah, I think Michael Wright's showing a better wrong way.

People will make allowances if it's clear English isn't your preferred language, but that doesn't relieve you of the responsibility to try to make a good fist of it.

OTOH Michael's first language is almost certainly English, and it's true Queenslanders talk funny, especially up around Townsville, but I expect even Queenslanders would have no idea of what he's talking about.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait