Re: XFS file system

George N. White III írta:

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005, Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:

Well, I have installed FC3 that way (XFS on most partitions)
and now I regret it. All the time I have a power failure (very rare)
or a kernel crash, all the files that were opened O_RDWR contain only
zeroes after reboot. And most of the time the Oops points to the xfs driver.
:-(

Fortunately JOE and other editors close the backup file after saving.
But I had to reinstall several RPMs on such occasions because
prelink or ldconfig was running at the time of the crash.
I never had such a problem with EXT3 before.
I run kernel.org kernels and 2.6.15-rc4-git2 still gives me problems.

What disks/controllers are you using?  What size stack?

Drive is a Maxtor 120GB in UDMA6 (ATA133?) mode.
Controller is the built-in VIA ATA interface in the K8T800 chipset.
System is FC43/x86-64, I don't remember having any stack size choices
in make menuconfig.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi