Re: Configuring DNS

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 18:27, Geoffrey Leach wrote:

> > Every time your system reboots or the dhcp daemon is restarted the
> > resolv.conf
> > file is rewritten.
>
> Indeed, "generated by /sbin/dhclient-script" No luck figuring out where
> that script gets its data from, but perhaps I should try harder :-)

It gets it from the dhcp data sent by your dhcp server.

> My point is that using system-config-network should, I would think,
> change the data in the right place if it was being used correctly.  No?

If you check the 'automatically obtain DNS information from
the provider' box, I'd expect it to use that instead.  If you
saved the config with that box unchecked and it still uses
the providers addresses instead of yours, I'd consider it
a bug.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx